The Mango mania continues throughout the summer. No doubt it is delicious to have a mango all by itself without turning it into some other form.
But sometimes when we go on an overdrive and buy mangoes in bulk, most of them ripening quickly due to the intense heat you are faced with too many ripe mangoes.
Juices,mango shakes,mango kheer all need to be consumed quickly but the best bet is making Mango barfi which stays good for several days in the fridge.
You can delight your guests by offering them Mango Barfi for a change instead of just Mango pieces served on a plate.
- 3 cups of mango pulp from ripe mangoes or canned mango pulp.
- 4 cups of grated fresh paneer or ricotta .
- 2 cups milk powder
- 2 cups sugar, where as some use 3 cups of sugar.I reduced the sugar as the mangoes are also very sweet.
- 1 tsp of ghee or melted butter to grease the plate which you will use for spreading the mixture for cooling and cutting into barfis/fudge
- some slivered pistachios/almonds for garnishing.