Quick easy wraps from rotis/flour tortillas
I often thought of making wraps the original way using tortilla flour but I also wanted the easier way without compromising on the taste and convenience that wraps offer.
Here’s my take on the everyday wraps that can be made from the good old chapati/roti
I prefer to use only whole wheat flour for the rotis and made like phulkas
The greatest thing about making wraps is that there is no specific recipe as such as you get to customize your fillings and the spread.
For my wraps the simplest ingredients I used were.
As you can see grated veggies like bell pepper,cabbage,carrots,coriander leaves,sprouts from green gram.
Ingredients here are some crumbled cottage cheese,green chutney, finely chopped green mangoes! as my daughter wanted a little sour tangy taste.
On the right side you can see some home made cottage cheese and dried herbs.
Fold it either this way or simply roll it up tightly.and make angled cuts.
Wrapping this way ensures you don’t drop the fillings!
Finely grated chopped veggies like cabbage,carrots,bell peppers,tomatoes and finely cut deseeded green chillies to add the pungent taste.
Quickly stir fry all the veggies but lightly so as not to lose the crunch. Add salt,white pepper,green chilli sauce which is optional .Depending on the pungency desired these can be added. Let the cooked filling get cooled before wrapping. Thee is no need to stir fry. I prefer to finely grate the veggies and use them as it is.
The veggies may be of your choice and as per your kids taste.keep the filling as dry as possible .You dont want to make the wraps soggy.
I made simple spread like a combo of coriander,green chillies and cottage cheese blended in the mixie to get a spread like consistency.
I also used a egg free mayonnaise which can be made easily at home. I blitz some fresh cream, cottage cheese home made and some white pepper and add some herbs and I have the creamiest smooth egg free mayo all home made and fresh!
My own green chilli sauce which I normally use for rice items. Anything works for wraps.!
- fresh chopped coriander leaves
- some mint leaves if you like the minty taste of the wraps
- a small piece of garlic .
- depending on the quantity of coriander leaves you can add little cottage cheese.
- pinch of salt
- dash of lime
- pulse all the ingredients to get a smooth spread like paste.Use this spread for the wraps
- your own combination of favorite veggies all finely grated. Add some finely deseeded green chillies to add that spike in taste. 1 tsp of lime juice.
- sprouts can be added to enhance the nutritive value.
- cottage cheese crumbled add to the taste.
- combine all the grated veggies with pinch of lime salt,white pepper,mayonnaise so that the filling ingredients remain bound and not fall apart.
Another version of easy veg wraps
Blanch the vegetables, drain well.
Mix all the spring onion greens, coriander leaves, check for salt.