some curry leaves
3tbsp chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Other ingredients : To be ground to paste
1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
1 tbsp poppy seeds soaked in warm water
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 green chillies
10 cashew nuts , can be substituted with almonds also .
Grind all the above to a smooth paste and keep aside .
To saute :
1 tbsp ghee or oil
1 small bit of cinnamon
2-3 cardamom pods
2-3 green chillies chopped or sliced
1 -2 small finely chopped tomatoes .
some curry leaves .
Spice powders needed
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder .
- Grind the cashew poppy seeds paste as mentioned above, keep aside .
- Pressure cook or cook in a pan mentioned vegetables with a pinch of salt .Make sure to cook vegetables till just tender .
- . Heat a pan and sautee ingredients mentioned above , such as whole spices, chopped tomatoes, ( Add in sliced onions, ginger garlic paste at this stage if you want to use in the recipe ) , add spice powders mentioned above, sprinkle some water to enable tomatoes to become mushy , thicken and some oil will leave the sides, also the raw aroma from spice powders will not be there .
- Add in the cooked vegetables, mix gently , add in the ground paste , add in the whisked curd and cook on low heat .
- lastly add in milk , switch off flame and and garnish with chopped coriander leaves .( Dilute as needed )
- This recipe makes a delicious kurma as a yummy side dish for dosa, idlis, pongal, chapatis, parotta and idiyappam .