100 -150 grams paneer cubed
|3 medium Capsicums, cut into 1-inch square pieces|
|2 medium Tomatoes puréed
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp fennel seed powder ( saunf )
1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
10-15 Cashewnuts soaked in warm water and blended to paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Pinch of turmeric powder
Salt as required
1 tsp kitchen King masala powder or sabzi masala powder
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp crushed kasoori methi
Pinch of sugar
2-3 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves to garnish
1. In a pan add some oil and fry the paneer cubes till light golden and remove .
2. In the Same pan add the capsicum squares and let it cook till almost soft but a bit crunchy .
3. Now add cumin seeds in oil , let it brown , add tomato purée and all the masala powders red chili powder , kitchen King masala powder, ( or sabzi powder ) turmeric power , coriander powder, ginger , fennel powder , some coriander leaves ( keep some for garnishing later) , pinch of salt and let the mixture cook on a low flame .
The mixture will turn aromatic after cooking for few minutes .
4. Meanwhile keep the cashew paste blended .
5. When the tomato masala mixture appears to be thickened and oil released on sides , add the cooked capsicums and the roasted paneer .
Let it cook for couple of minutes , add the cashew paste , sugar and check for salt .
Remove and add fresh cream on top .
Serve creamy yummy paneer capsicum with rotis or naan .
Coconut milk can be added instead of cashew paste or fresh cream
Almond paste can be used instead of cashew paste .
Adding cashew paste is optional for reduced calorie dish .
Adding pinch of sugar is optional
A simple quick paneer and capsicum masala for rotis . Most of the ingredients are usually available in the pantry .
While this dish can be made as simple as possible retaining the taste , adding the cashew paste and fresh cream elevates the yumminess! So don’t skip that if you have fresh cream or Cashewnuts .
Either or both can be added to the dish . No garlic and no onions in this dish as ordered by my daughter , yet we relished it to the last spoon .
To keep the dish , reduced calories skip cashew paste , add only fresh cream about a tbs .